Brittney Hughes, StarCentral’s Beauty Guru of the Month for May 2014, sees the human face as a canvas, and her makeup set is her paint. She may not have the ability to draw breathtaking pictures, but working with makeup does it for her. “The creativity is what draws me to it”, says Brittney. She enjoys how she can be flexible with different palette colours, patterns and accessories, and be able to create any look she wants!
Being able to express her artistic side is what drew Brittney to the world of makeup. The beauty guru loves the way that she could use it to highlight someone’s best features, or transform them into someone even more amazing. Whether it is dressing up for a party or any special occasion, makeup gives you the opportunity to be flexible with your look, which the expert found very fascinating.
She began experimenting with makeup and all of its potential when she was in high school. It was then that Brittney discovered that the beauty industry was something that she truly loved. It became a hobby, and later on, a full blown passion, which pushed her to learn more about it.
The 20-year old cosmetic enthusiast’s concept and goal in what she does is to encourage women to live their dream, and create a life based on that dream. “I want them to feel beautiful, and believe with all of their heart and soul that they are”, she shares.
How did this girl with a keen eye for beauty start her career? “I often got questions from friends, as well as total strangers, about my makeup, hair or other things”, she narrates. She stumbled on YouTube one day, and was mesmerized on how many beauty aficionados there are. She then put up her own channel, and started filming makeup tutorials and fabulous DIY beauty regimens in June 2010.
She did not realize it would be a hit, and would grow into what it is now. The success of her channel brought a number of opportunities for the young lady from Arizona. She reveals that what mostly drives her to be better with her work are her subscribers, who tirelessly support and encourage her to do more. The American gal appreciates all the comments she receives from them, and find it more than rewarding to know that she was able to make things better for them with her beauty tips.
She was able to meet some of her fans through video chat, and she always loves listening to their life stories. One of the most important lessons she learned through all her experiences is that one can achieve whatever she wants in life if he or she truly works for it. Her main motivator in her journey is the quote by entrepreneur, Kobi Yamada – “She Turned Her Can’ts Into Cans, And Her Dreams Into Plans”.
Also, her family has supported her from the very beginning, including her husband, a Marine Corps Corporal who stands by her even as his own career takes him away. She tells us that her husband urges her constantly to follow her heart, and when she feels down, he lifts her up.
This dedicated wife, beauty expert and certified personal trainer plans to continue to grow her YouTube channel, work with other companies in the beauty/fashion industry, and inspire women everywhere to never give up on their dreams.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. What is the one beauty product you can’t live without? Josie Maran Argan Oil
2. What is the most dramatic thing you’ve ever done to change your looks? Dyed my hair purple. (That didn’t work out.)
3. What is in your makeup bag when you travel? Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, Concealer & Powder. Benefit High Beam. NYX Cream Blush, in Fresh. NYX Eyebrow Pencil. Victoria Secret Eyeshadow Quad in Sultry. BH Cosmetics Liquid Black Eyeliner. Loreal Voluminous Lashes Mascara. My RealTechniques Brush Set. Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon, in Barely Bitten. Juice Beauty Lipgloss, in Champagne. These products create a beautiful, easy look for on the go!
4. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? My knees. I am self-admittedly a very clumsy person. As a kid, a fell alot and was constantly banging up my knees. I have lots of large scars, and they used to bother me growing up. I used to like to wear capris or skirts that covered them. But now, It no longer bothers me, and I find it quite funny now what a klutz I am! I wouldn’t change them. They give my legs….character!
5. Your best guilty pleasure… Dairy Queen Fudge Brownie Temptation Waffle Bowl Sundae. Yes, its a long name. And yes, it deserves it. Heaven on a spoon.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MissSunshineGirl100
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Misssunshinegirl100