For Bianca Canales, being featured in StarCentral Magazine as the Beauty Guru of the Month for the month of February is definitely one of the most memorable moments that highlight her love and passion for beauty and makeup. In May 2014, Bianca started immersing herself into sharing her hobby to the world through technology. She put up her own YouTube channel and this has marked the start of her successful beauty Vlog.
Bianca’s online community continues to grow every day. This validates her reliable taste, talent and skills when it comes to beauty tutorials. In fact, if her videos can speak of her qualifications, she is definitely a makeup superstar in her own right. Bianca has always been fascinated by makeup. She loves discovering new looks and trying new products, which give her the freedom to explore her passion without the shackle of rules and guidelines.
A true representation of beauty and brains, Bianca graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Houston. She explains that although she doesn’t look at makeup as a passion that could grow into a career, she points out that it is a hobby that she loves to do the most. “I enjoy the fact that makeup gives me the power to be creative and to just be myself.” She reasons.
In a short span of time, Bianca is able to build friendships with people in the beauty community. She is also thankful that her family backs her up in this creative endeavour. Her loved ones have been the rock that supports her throughout her journey and she’s confident that as she continues to develop her channel, they will stay with her to share her success.
Admirably, no mean comments from YouTube viewers can stop Bianca from spreading beauty tricks and tips. It is an important lesson that she learned early on. In a platform where you cannot please everybody, knowing your worth and shaking off negative vibes are powerful weapons that stabilize her social media presence.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
- What is the one beauty product you can’t live without? My Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette and a red lippie.
- What is the most dramatic thing you’ve ever done to change your looks? I had bleach blonde highlights for almost 2 years. I absolutely loved it but it was so damaging.
- What is in your makeup bag when you travel? Clinique Stay Matte Foundation (19 sand), Maybelline Baby Skin Instant pore easer, MAC Prolongwear Concealer (NC35), Ben Nye Banana Powder, Bronzer, NYX Blush in Terra Cotta, NYX eye shadow base in skin tone, Too Faced Natural Eyes palette, my brow wiz, mascara, MAC Ruby Woo (red lippie), MAC Kinda Sexy (nude lippie) and NYX Shocking Pink Lippie.
- What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? God made me who I am today and I couldn’t see myself changing anything.
- Your best guilty pleasure. Shopping! I shop till I drop!