Damaris Sky is StarCentral Magazine’s Beauty Guru of the Year. She is of Spanish descent and she was born and raised in New York. Damaris is actually a biblical name which fits a visionary just like her perfectly because she has a deep and inner desire to inspire others for a higher cause.
Her YouTube channel youtube.com/beautybydamaris1, which originally started as a creative outlet, has now grown into a free platform of inspiration that helps beautify women inside and out. According to Damaris, her interest in makeup started while she was working as a makeup artist in the beauty department of Victoria’s Secret on the 34th street. The experience was so enlightening for her that one day, she just decided to start her own channel and do her own makeup videos and tutorials that will cater to women who also wants to feel good about themselves.
As a beauty Vlogger, Damaris feels elated about the support and attention she always gets from people all over the world who spend their time watching her uploads and comments on her videos all the time. Most of the interesting and amazing group of people she has met so far were actually from social media and although her connections with them are just within the virtual boundaries, Damaris treats the connection with them as a special part of her journey – especially when she collaborated with fellow Vlogger RositaApplebum.
When asked about her future goals, she said she wants to have her own makeup line and travel around the world particularly to Greece, Paris and China among others. Damaris is one brave woman and with a determination like hers, it’s hard not to imagine success for this talented beauty guru!
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
- What is the one beauty product you can’t live without? I cannot live without my Anastasia Brow Wiz product. It is amazing to fill in the eyebrows.
- What is the most dramatic thing you’ve ever done to change your looks? Cutting my long hair really short and going from blonde to jet-black hair. It took a while before I got used to it.
- What’s in your makeup bag when you travel? My Anastasia Brow products, MAC Pro concealer and Maybelline Fit Me concealer, a small travel size Z-palette with some of my favourite makeup geek eyeshadows, NYC liquid eyeline, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, Nars Laguna bronzer, Milani Baked Blush Rose’D’Oro and Gerard Cosmetics Lip gloss.
- . What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? I wouldn’t change a thing about myself or my past because everything that has happened to me has made me stronger.
- Your best guilty pleasure. Being a skin-junkie. I love buying expensive moisturizer and do skin regimens to maintain my radiant skin. Taking care of your skin is very important. The Glam Glow Mask is one of my guilty pleasures.
- What is a good makeup trick? For dark circles, make your eyes look fresh and wide-awake by applying hydrating, moisturizing eye cream. This will allow the products to go on smoothly. Then apply a corrector colour, preferably salmon, to cover the purple or dark areas in the skin and then cover it with a concealer that is one to two shades lighter than your foundation. Finally, set the under eye area with a pale yellow powder to make it last longer and prevent it from creasing.