Are you looking for some spark of creativity?
Rosalie Guevara, StarCentral Magazine’s Beauty Guru of the Month for the month of September, can definitely fill you in with creative juices as she takes her ideas into new heights. Her ability to reinvent things by creating beauty out of the ordinary is reflected through her primary interest in makeup. Rosalie discovered her love of makeup when she was rummaging through her mom’s cosmetic bag when she was just 13 years old. As the years went on, she became more familiar with different makeup products and tools. This had driven her to experiment with new styles and looks. As young as she was then, she had been the super girl whom her friends ran to whenever they needed advices on fashion, makeup, and beauty.
Aside from impeccably reciting her ABCs backwards, Rosalie, our super girl, has more brilliance up her sleeve. Inspired by what she had seen from Michelle Phan who regularly posted elegant makeup videos on YouTube, Rosalie followed her footsteps right after she graduated from High School and she uploaded her first video ever. She never stopped since then.
YouTube has transformed Rosalie into an inspiring entrepreneur of the world. She looked at it as if it was her life, two years after she started making videos back in 2013, she decided to pursue it full time and build a strong connection with her Rosettes – a name that she fondly calls her YouTube viewers. Rosalie’s inspiration is mostly sourced from the support that she is getting from them and this always pushes her to always create better content every time.
Aside from the overflowing support from friends and even strangers, her family has also been one of her strongest support systems. It gives her more confidence to be better at what she actually loves. She knows that there will be people who will try to drag her down along the way and who will do everything to tear her dreams apart but her self-worth is more powerful than any doubters. This teaches her to be true all the time and to always love herself.
Rosalie’s journey has been laced with so many blessings with some mind-blowing experiences just like her invitation to the Disney Side Conferences at Disney World. ‘I love Disney to death and getting to travel there for a YouTube Conference was basically the cherry on top! I met so many wonderful people there and got to experience Disney like no one has before!’ she shares. True to her words, the event had made her crossed paths with Charis, a YouTuber whose videos she really admires. Rosalie also attended BeautyCon where she met the friends she initially connected with behind the screen. ‘Formally meeting them felt like saying hi to an old friend. I can’t wait to see them again at the next event!’ stresses Rosalie.
‘The future is looking bright for me!’ she gushes. Rosalie’s future is dotted with numerous plans involving her career and to make a fruitful reality. But right now, she enjoys doing YouTube videos for her continuously growing supporters.
Have you been short of DIY ideas lately?
Subscribe on her YouTube account at rosaliesaysrawr.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
- What is the one beauty product you can’t live without? My lash curler! I never leave the house without giving my lashes a lift.
- What is the most dramatic thing you’ve ever done to change your looks? My hair was down to my butt when I was in 9th Grade. I cut it to my chin the year after. It was one decision I’ll always regret doing.
- What is in your makeup bag when you travel? The essentials: BB Cream, concealer, lash curler, mascara, neutral eyeshadow, palette, setting powder, lip balm, lip stick, and brow pencil.
- What is the one ‘flaw’ you wouldn’t change about yourself? My nose is a little crooked from getting hit in the face with people’s shoulders because I’m so short (and I’m not even kidding, it’s really what it’s from!). I might be the only one who really notices it but it doesn’t matter because Beyond told me I’m #flawless.
- Your best guilty pleasure. Food, food, food. I’m always down for some good eats even it it’s just a snack.