‘Believe in yourself and never give up on your dreams’, this inspiring piece of advice has worked for Ammeta Hafiz and hopes that by sharing it, women would have the same amount of determination to pursue their aspirations. Ammeta, who is StarCentral Magazine as the Beauty Guru of the Month for the month of December, has always been drawn into arts and creativity. She grew up being inspired by two special women in her life, her mother and grandmother, whose incredible skills in art, design, and hand embroidery heavily influenced her passion. From experimenting and designing outfits for her dolls, Ammeta has moved on to becoming the go-to person for her friends whenever they are in need of beauty and fashion advices. ‘I’ve always loved expressing myself with fashion and makeup’ she shares. This stance propelled her into a promising career in the fashion and beauty industry.
Ammeta believes that one’s overall style represents one’s personality. This has guided her to pursue her initial step in the field to touch the deepest meaning of her passion – to make every individual feel like they are the perfect representation of their best selves when they walk out of the house. Ammeta finished her education with a degree in Fashion Management and eventually took an International Fashion Management post-grad program in George Brown College, Toronto, Canada. While in school, she had the chance to work in a lot of fashion shows and beauty events. This was a critical step in Ammeta’s career as it landed her an internship for Human Resources at Holt Renfrew, a high-end Canadian department store that specialises in luxury brands and designer boutiques. Eventually, the department store offered her a job and career opportunities have not stopped since. Holt Renfrew has been a memorable experience for Ammeta not only because it is part of a huge and prestigious industry but more so of the interesting people that made her career a truly satisfying journey. ‘My previous boss, Barbara Oliviera has always been a great inspiration to me. Her hard work and motivation have served as a reminder to myself to always pursue my goals.’
Following her fruitful start at Holt Renfrew, Ammeta decided to open a YouTube channel and began helping women learn beauty tricks. She consistently provides easy makeup tutorials and styles that would give confidence to women to express themselves better and to feel good about it. Ammeta is backed by a supportive family. Her parents and husband have been with her throughout all her endeavours, ‘I wouldn’t be achieving anything I have so far without their unconditional love and tremendous support. I truly feel blessed to have them in my life’, she quipped.
Currently, Ammeta is enjoying the rewards of everything she has worked for in the past and continuously better her craft in order to accomplish even more in the field. She shares that her future plans include expanding her YouTube channel and relentlessly creating more beauty and fashion related videos for women out there. As she begins to penetrate her target market through that platform, Ammeta aspires to own a clothing line someday.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
- What is the one beauty product you can’t live without? Definitely lipstick, any colour of lipstick completely changes your look and mood.
- What is the most dramatic thing you’ve ever doe to change your looks? Getting super skinny eyebrows.
- What is in your makeup bag when you travel? BeautyBlender, a nude lipstick and a bold lipstick, L’Oréal Lash sensational Mascara, Channel perfect Lumiere foundation, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow, L’Oréal liquid jet black eyeliner and Elf makeup removing wipes.
- What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? I don’t believe people really have flaws in them. Everyone is beautiful in his or her own ways. Unless we are talking outside of looks then I’m super sensitive but I wouldn’t change that about myself. My husband always tells me if I wasn’t sensitive I wouldn’t be compassionate. It defines the type of person I am.
- Your best guilty pleasure. Dipping burger in a tub of mayonnaise and watching Netflix.