1. Tell us your name and something about yourself.
My name is Nectaria Georgys and I’m the Founding Director of Model Inc Australia. If I have to describe myself I would say I’m driven, ambitious, massively motivated, I’m an aggressive spender and I have a soft spot for animals.
2. Give us a brief description of what your business is all about and tell us what makes your business unique from all the other businesses out there.
We are a Creative Management Agency supplying leading edge Photography and Modelling for creative talents. Model Inc Australia represents Photographers, Models, Fashion Stylists, Hair and Make-up Artists, along with all production requirements. We specialise in advertising campaigns, commercial, editorial, fashion, marketing and print, while co-ordinating all aspects of the production process from photography right through to the finished printed or web-published product along with world class marketing and everything in between.
3. Tell us about one of your worst habit or quality?
4. What was your most embarrassing moment?
Falling down a flight of stairs in my Jimmy Choo shoes and tearing into my skirt ever so graciously!
5. We all know that life is short, but why do you think we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
All of us have the seeds of leadership within ourselves—but all too often, we can feel blocked, scared, or uncertain about stepping into our greatness. People get discouraged because they see obstacles or roadblocks so they tell themselves change is hard yet the world around us isn’t getting any easier, more peaceful or less challenging so if you’re looking for something to complain about you’re going to find it. But if you want to find resources to help you drive forward they are everywhere, you just have to be hungry enough to want it.
6. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world and why?
I would love to see more compassion towards animals and better farming strategies for meat factories. The way Australia runs the meat and poultry industry is heart breaking, and to see how animals are still skinned alive in other parts of the world in the year 2012 is atrocious. If given the chance I will do everything in my power to make a change in the way animals are treated in this world because they can’t defend themselves. I’m actually hosting a massive Charity event this month so that people can support the RSPCA and make a strong change in Australia, you can visit our website www.modelinc.com.au for further details.
7. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work do you think would make you rich?
The fashion and entertainment industry would be on the money; I have lived and breathed this industry since I was 5 pouring my mum’s Chanel perfume over my toys so they smelt nice, I also used whiteout a number of times as a great substitute for lipstick. Let’s face it; the entertainment is where all the action happens so for me this is where my heart is – they don’t call it entertainment for nothing!
8. Are you currently doing what you really believe in, or are you just settling for what you are doing?
I am finally doing what I wanted to do all along, I just only had the balls to make the change this year and I’m so grateful for the support and great people surrounding me through this process. I go to work with some of the best models and photographers in the industry so I am very blessed.
9. If the average human life span was just 30 years maximum, how would you live your life differently? F
Firstly I would replace every form of fear with faith and I would make everyday full of love, family, fashion, animals, entertainment, with a hint of comedy. That’s a mixture for a life that money can’t buy.
10. To what degree have you actually controlled the course that your life has taken?
From August 25 2011 – yes, that was the week the course of my life changed and I started designing the future I wanted and not settling for what life was offering. Someone amazing had awakened the giant within and from that day forward I never looked back and never gave up.
11. What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever done in your whole life?
Spend $15,000 in a days shopping! I know it’s not that exciting but my mum thought it was the most outrageous thing I could ever do and almost had a heart attack so for her it makes the list.
12. Choose a movie title for the story of your life and explain why you chose it.
I would say ‘The Kardashians.’ I know it’s not a movie but I have 3 sisters and every time we watch the show we can not believe how similar they are with our family, we all work in Model Inc Australia and we all have our drama moments. One thing I always say is that the best thing about having 3 sisters is that no matter who’s pissed off at you there will always be another one who’s got your back!