Leni Wagers has all the reasons for becoming StarCentral Magazine’s Fashionista of the Month for the month of April 2015. Bearing the stage name “Brasillian Doll”, she is a 29-year old Brazillian fashionista who was raised in Dallas, Texas. Her passion for fashion transcends the external aspect of beauty and appearance. What better sets Leni apart from other fashionistas is the fact that her kind nature has allowed her to form a rewarding and gratifying career by building fashion with a purpose.
Leni, a self-confessed fashion junkie, has always been fascinated by high heels, purses, sunglasses, and all sorts of clothing. This characteristic of hers was evident even since she was in high school when she used to make sure that she wore different styles of clothing every day. She spent time preparing the look that she wanted to make sure that she looked unique and different from others. Her fixation for new clothing, trends, and styles is driven not from the desire to catch attention but rather more deeply than what other people perceive it to be. Leni believes that appearance is important not only because it makes her feel good but more so, because fashion has given her a way to express herself without having to say a word.
The realisation of the purpose came one day while she was lying on a pile of clothes. Having too many clothes and too many fabulous pair of shoes, she decided to put up a fashion blog and sell all her used clothing, wherein the proceeds went to fund a non-profit organisation located in Cambodia.
She eventually flew to Cambodia and helped an amazing organisation called Hope for the Silent Voices. It is a non-profit organisation founded to bring attention and resources to the severely neglected, disadvantaged, abused, and discarded children globally. While she was in Cambodia, Leni had a chance to meet a beautiful little girl named KaKada. She fell in love with her so much that it was then that she realised her hobby can be turned into a career so she can provide a better future for someone else. Leni has never forgotten KaKada since then. She inspired her so much that it changed her life completely.
With an indescribably supportive family and friends, Leni has managed to pursue her passion with so much freedom. Through this, she has met a lot of interesting people such as her two favourites, Misty May and Kerri Walsh. She also met other cool people such as the Texas Rangers, pitcher Martin Perez, the country singer Clay Walker, and the beautiful sisters, Kim Kardashian-West and Khloe Kardashian.
As Leni Journeys on, she now understands and appreciates the struggles in life better than she once did. She never fails to source beauty from every challenge and is always grateful for the roof above her head, having a healthy body complete with two arms and legs, and other little things that are mostly taken for granted by many.
Undoubtedly beautiful inside and out, Leni believes that fashion is more than just an oasis of creativity or an extension of one’s personality and mood. She believes that despite how much it deals with the surface, fashion has a transformative quality or effect that can make you feel good inside. Oftentimes, it is a great source of confidence people never knew they had.
Aside from continuing her blogging career for fun and raising more money to help many non-profit organisations around the world, she also hopes to launch her new fitness brand called Athletik Apparel.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
- What is the one beauty product you can’t live without? Can strong coffee be a beauty product? No? Ok, then coconut oil is something I can’t live without. I use it for everything. When I say everything, I meant everything!
- What is the most dramatic thing you’ve ever done to change your looks? I am as real as it gets. I don’t have any dramatic changes in my looks or on my appearance. I believe in being natural as possible and being original is rare these days. For me, to be real is a good thing.
- What is in your makeup bag when you travel? I have sunscreen, chapstick, lip gloss, blush, and coconut oil.
- What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? I think the one “flaw” is that I genially try to see the good in everything and in everyone. I am a very vulnerable person and I think everyone is the same.
- Your best guilty pleasure… my guilty pleasure is food. I LOVE all types of food, Mexican, Brazilian, Japanese, Indian, and so on…