Image via Shutterstock / gpointstudio
Online shopping is fast becoming the way of the future with its ease, convenience and mobility. It’s now simple to shop 24/7 no matter where you are as long as you have a credit card or PayPal account. It’s now as simple as using a shopping app to purchase whatever you like with the click of a button- no need for filling out your payment details and thinking about the pros and cons of a purchase when your credit card details are saved on file to make online shopping even simpler!!
Online shopping may be becoming easier but it’s also becoming the ultimate way to find a bargain. It’s always worth checking online as you can often find a better deal than in stores by following my instructions.
1. Online auction sites like eBay are common places to bag a bargain whether it’s a designer label, a car part you need or the latest Apple product. These sites give you the opportunity to view the going rate of items, with both auction style bidding systems and ‘buy it now’ type purchases. I have purchased many new items on eBay for the fraction of the price so it’s a great place to start saving.
2. When you are looking to buy a specific item, comparison web pages will usually come up after a Google search. Comparison webpages are great as they allow you to view the price other online retailers are selling the same item for. This is usually rounded to include the selling price as well as shipping costs. This is a very simple way to find the cheapest price.
3. Setting up email alerts with your favourite retailers websites will help you to never miss a sale again! It’s a great way to be in the know as well as finding out about a secret sale before even the public do!
4. A lot of online websites even offer further discounts when purchased online rather than in-store due to the decreased cost in intermediaries. And the other added bonus is it’s a lot simpler to get exactly what you wanted without traveling to different store locations if the product is sold out.
5. The main thing is to just do your research as sometimes when shipping and customs costs are added then it starts to get expensive. Often buying online is a great way to save money buying overseas but it’s not so good for the Australian economy unfortunately and sometimes customs costs can really sneak up on you.
Keep my tips in mind when you are next in the mood for shopping as these are great ways to find bargains in order to spend that extra money you saved on something else you are wanting. n