It was her family’s move to Australia that started Marona Tanner’s (First Runner Up in StarCentral Magazine’s Annual Model Search for 2017) modeling career. Her exotic beauty, a result of her Egyptian heritage, drew the admiration of many a passerby and Marona admits that she “felt like an Egyptian queen, to be honest.” But her feet was set on the path to modeling when, at university (where she was studying for a Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communications, majoring in 3D Animation), she reveals that “the photography students would approach me walking the campus and request me to model for them, so that’s where it all began.”
Marona gushes that she is enamored with the many aspects of the modeling industry but “if I had to choose one it would be the art of creating the perfect shot and portraying different looks and emotions. The way it allows me to communicate with the viewer via a still image.” Even the downsides of being a model in which she has to constantly exercise and eat healthy to maintain her figure, Marona wholeheartedly accepts as she says, she finds “the results are very satisfying.” Also in possession of an acting degree, is a sculptor and animator, and an accomplished belly dancer, it’s clear that Marona is drawn to the more creative, artistic sides of her world. Her business, Sydney Snaps Photo Booth, is a true reflection of that.
Another aspect of her modeling career that Marona has found memorable is the chance, she confesses, to “meet and interact with great and unique people with interesting and amazing talents…I believe everyone I meet in this creative industry is quite unique and interesting…” The competitive nature of the industry has also given her the valuable lesson of, she shares, learning “to never doubt your own abilities, know your value, and never underestimate yourself.”
Though her family may not be totally fond of her modeling career, they have nevertheless supported her as she pursues her dreams. Marona plans to keep pursuing modeling as well as continuing to build up her business.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. Last good movie I’ve seen ‘Hot Fuzz’, ‘Gone Girl’, ‘The Dressmaker’ and ‘Keeping Mum’.
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? We all see beauty differently. To me beauty is something that attracts the eyes and touches the soul.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? To be honest I can’t think of anything I wish I could have done. I like to dream and always work hard to achieve those dreams.
4. Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d…” If I had no fear I’d be able to look at shark photos without being scared to death.
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? My stubbornness.