Made in the West is a short film festival is dedicated to video productions with connections to Western Sydney, showcasing cast, crew, and locations from the Greater Western Sydney region. It provides a welcoming space for Western Sydney filmmakers to screen their work, be rewarded and recognized for their efforts, and network with other artists. It’s also a Festival that brings the glamour of a red carpet industry awards night to Western Sydney filmmakers.
Hosted by Still Searchin’ Productions, the festival shines a spotlight on Western Sydney’s emerging film scene, connecting independent and student filmmakers with established industry experts for one spectacular event showcasing locally produced films.
Now in its seventh year, Made in the West has become an iconic celebration of Western Sydney talent on the big screen. Films are judged by a panel of industry professionals, with finalists selected to compete for trophies and awards at their annual red carpet event held every November.
By hosting this yearly event, they are aiming to:
• Encourage community support for Western Sydney filmmakers and film students to continue their work
• Provide the opportunity for Western Sydney filmmakers to showcase their work in front of a live audience
• Reward emerging artists who are producing work of a professional standard
• Promote positive artistic representations of Western Sydney culture in films and video productions
• Empower local filmmakers to participate consistently in creative cultural industries.
When: Saturday, November 24, 2018, at 6 PM – 11 PM
Where: Event Cinemas Liverpool, Westfield shopping Centre, Elizabeth Dr, Liverpool NSW 2170
Tickets: To obtain your free ticket to this event, please click on this link