Successful goal-setters are highly-motivated people who see far beyond the tasks they have set themselves to achieve. They have clear visions of themselves standing at the zenith of their rewarding aspirations as they painstakingly hurdle one hoop after the other without shrinking from the fear and pain of failures. In fact, they taste it as each of them bravely savours the moment. Goal-oriented people are strong in character, well-disciplined and possess an unbreakable willpower. If you crush their dreams, they would still have the courage to get up on their feet to rebuild whatever has been broken. This has made all the difference.
Many of us await the year ahead with a revived hope in our hearts. The idea of having another fresh clean slate thrills us so much that it almost endlessly fires up an ember of inspiration and refuels the light of our often forgotten dreams and neglected wants. Admit it, most of the times we wonder why despite our careful and meticulous planning, failure, though uninvited, still forces its way to our doorstep. So how do we reclaim our undaunted freedom to keep aspiring and achieving? How do we toss ourselves away from the dark dungeons of defeat? Take a peek!
1. Create a dream board – Keep track of all the things you desire by journalizing them in the form of a dream board. Be as creative as you can be and hang it on a wall where your eyes often wander. This will help you feel more inspired and will renew your creativity that has been dulled by everyday stress.
2. Set SMART goals – Fantasy goals and wants breed disappointments and bitterness. Ensure that your dream board adopts the SMART strategy which means your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-based.
3. Keep focused and stay motivated – What does the accomplishment of these goals really mean to you? Ask yourself why achieving them is essential to your life and assess how these goals will impact your life. The thought of successes coming from these achievements should be strong enough to drive you into action. You have to be in it to win it, so they say.
4. Take risks and accept setbacks – Brave should be your favourite word every year as you need more of it to wholeheartedly discover what’s out there. Often, opportunities disguise as challenges and you have to be ready to embrace these. Make room for setbacks and transform them into building blocks that will springboard you to future success.
5. Avoid Procrastination Frenzy – Create schedules and follow them strictly even if you don’t feel like it. If you’re a natural daydreamer, make time to live out of your fantasy world and do tasks that would really change your life for the better. Putting things off that you can easily and quickly finish today would only ruin your time-based goals.
So are you ready to face the year? 2018 is said to be the year of the horse. It may mean a lot of things but most importantly, it is a year of speedy and well-earned success.