Sasha Sander is a stunning Instagram model and a news producer for a station in St. Louis, Missouri. She started her Instagram account (sasha_emiri) two years ago and now she has over 85,000 followers. Her personal mission in life is to live it to the fullest and help people along the way.
StarCentral Magazine recently caught up with Sasha to talk about her journey in the modeling industry and here’s what went down:
– Could you please provide a background about yourself and how were you actually ‘discovered’?
My name is Sasha Sander and I am a news producer for a station in St. Louis, Missouri. My Instagram account is sasha_emiri and I started it two years ago. It gained popularity through the use of hashtags and collaborating with different creative photographers.
– What does it mean to you to be a model?
Being a model means having the ability to showcase creativity by using your body as a canvas for it.
– What sort of person usually follows you? Who’s your main audience?
My main audience includes photographers and people between the ages of 25-40.
– What’s the biggest challenge to modeling?
The biggest challenge for me when it comes to modeling is being able to be creative while also holding a job as a public news figure. There is a fine line between art and being too suggestive in images. I want to keep things classy while also being able to express different art forms through modeling.
– Have you always wanted to be in the modeling industry?
I never thought I could be in the modeling industry because of my height. I’m 5’2 and a half. I am also curvy. I didn’t ever imagine a modeling career because of those things. But it just kind of fell into my lap due to my quick growth on Instagram and I am so so thankful. I really do love it.
– What’s your personal mission in life?
My mission in life is to live it to the fullest and help people along the way. Life is short, so do what you want with it.
– What has been the most memorable experience of your career so far?
I can’t think of just one specific experience but what I have loved the most about modeling and growing popularity on Instagram is being able to meet so many talented and great individuals. Everyone is so kind and has so much to bring to the table.
– Who have been the most interesting people you’ve met so far?
I really can’t pick one person over another. But the most famous person I have met out of my modeling journey the founder of NARS cosmetics/ the creator of Victoria’s Secret angels.
– How active are you on social media?
I am very active on social media. I post every other day on Instagram. I also do a lot of social media work for my news station.
– What is your favourite social media platform?
My favorite social media platform is Instagram because that is where I interact the most with my following. However, TikTok is definitely a close second because it gets to show off your personality more by trying different trends.
– What will you advise other models who may wish to follow your footsteps?
I would advise models who want to grow their social media to create their own luck. Don’t expect opportunities to fall into your lap. You need to email, message and ask different brands/photographers/organizations to work with you. The more you put yourself out there the better. Hard work always pays off.
– What are your future plans? Inside your career or out of it.
My future plan is to take what I’ve learned from my own Instagram growth and put that knowledge towards starting a social media campaign for the news. My goal is to get the campaign to go viral and help all the communities in and around St. Louis. I would also love to win an Emmy for the projects I’ve worked on and move towards and career in modeling full-time.
Now, 5 questions for the ‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. Last good movie I’ve seen: Over the weekend I saw the movie Knives Out. I loved it!
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? There are so many things that can be considered beautiful. But the most beautiful things come from something pure, honest and good-hearted.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? I want to skydive, visit Europe and go to culinary school.
4. Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d…” try modeling full time and go to culinary school in Japan.
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? A flaw of mine is that I can be a big risk-taker, I dream big and I do everything in my power or work towards reaching it. So that can be a big heart attack for myself and family at times. But in the end, it works out the way it’s supposed to.