Andrea Echeverri is an actor, model, influencer, photographer, singer, and TV presenter. She studied Film and TV at Central TAFE in Perth, Western Australia and she’s the owner and founder of Golden by AE. handmade jewelry which is handmade jewelry with 24 karat gold cover and natural stones.
StarCentral Magazine recently caught up with Andrea to discuss her journey in the modeling industry and here’s what went down:
1. How did you get into the modeling industry?
I had friends with startups who used to ask me all the time to be their model and then suddenly I just started getting paid for it.
2. What do you like most about being a model?
Making art. Being part of an artistic expression.
3.The downside to being a model?
A lot of judgment and fake people.
4. What has been the most memorable experience of being in the modeling industry so far?
Working for amazing teams, brands, and groups like Uniqlo, Australian chamber orchestra, and others.
5. Who have been the most interesting people you’ve met so far?
It’s always the people who travel the most.
6. What has been the most valuable lesson you’ve learned while in the modeling industry? This can be about the industry or about yourself.
Love yourself the way you are. Nowadays all girls want to have the same bodies, the same faces and that makes you just one more mannequin for the industry. Nothing really special.
7. Is your family supportive of you being a model?
They don’t mind much nowadays. But they were not supportive at the beginning.
8. If you could go back in a time machine to the time when you were just getting started, what would you do differently?
Probably to be more committed to eating healthier.
9. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
One that has helped me a lot was “Do whatever makes you happy, no matter if no one agrees.”
10. What are your future plans? Inside your career or out of it.
No plans so far. Trying to live day after day.
The ‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. Last good movie I’ve seen: JoJo rabbit.
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? Kindness and compassion.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? Travel fearless all over the world.
4. Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d ” pack my bags and travel all over the world.
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? I can have a bit of a bad character sometimes. I would love to be able to control it a bit more.