Hannah is a friendly and easy-going model. She loves sharing her passion for travel through pictures taken all around the world, which she posts on her influential Instagram account. She is an up-and-coming model, relatively new to the modeling scene but already having amassed a total of over 70k followers across her social media platforms. Having traveled so much, Hannah is very comfortable in a bikini and is always ready for an impromptu bikini shoot. In her spare time, Hannah is an all-star cheerleader, currently holding a regional champion title. During the COVID-19 lockdown, Hannah has continued to pursue her love for modeling through various photoshoots in her back garden.
StarCentral Magazine recently caught up with Hannah to discuss her journey in the modeling industry and here’s what went down:
1. How did you get into the modelling industry?
I started taking pictures when I was abroad and my niche started moving into swimwear pics. When I started to get a larger following on social media I realised I could actually get into some proper modelling!
2. What do you like most about being a model?
It’s so fun to share your passion with other people, it’s so exciting gaining followers on social media who are just following you because they like your content!
3. Downside to being a model?
There is so much judgment around body image in the industry, it’s so hard to feel worthy when you have so many people judging you and your body and the pictures you’re posting! It’s also hard getting over the fact that people you know see you posting and will be judging you for pursuing it!
4. What has been the most memorable experience of being in the modelling industry so far?
I think my most memorable experience is when I started gaining traction, and my pictures were getting out there! It was crazy to start getting contacted by brands who wanted to work with me.
5. Who have been the most interesting people you’ve met so far?
I love love love meeting people who are at the same stage in their career as me. It’s so fun hearing how they are coping, and what they do differently.
6. What has been the most valuable lesson you’ve learned while in the modelling \ industry. This can be about the industry or about yourself.
Not everyone is out to get you! At first, it feels like an awful competition of whose content is better, but as you progress you realise it is just a whole bunch of different people pursuing their niches and there really isn’t that much competition.
7. Is your family supportive of you being a model?
Mostly yes, but as I love doing more swimwear shoots they don’t really like me posting “scantily clad” (as they call it) pictures on my page.
8. If you could go back in a time machine to the time when you were just getting started, what would you do differently?
I would tell myself that people are going to be mean about it whatever you do so don’t let that pressure get to you, or make you not enjoy the ride.
9. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
I love the idea “Always More!” You always have more to give. More energy, more creativity, more love, more passion for the industry, never give up!
10. What are your future plans? Inside your career or out of it.
I would love to continue to model, especially beach and swimsuit as this is where I have the most fun. I also have my own clothing business which I would love to keep running.
The ‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. Last good movie I’ve seen: The parent trap has always been a firm favourite of mine.
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? Babies and new life! It’s so amazing.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? Travel the world.
4. Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d” pursue my dreams without giving them a second thought. If they failed then I could just try again.
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? I’m so emotional all the time, but as annoying as it is I love how it means I feel every emotion (others as well as my own) so strongly.