Keara Lydon is a 22-year-old personal trainer. She owns KearaFitness which is an in-home and company on-site Personal Training company. Keeping fit and helping others get in shape is her absolute passion. She was supposed to compete in her very first bikini fitness competition this year but it was unfortunately canceled due to the Coronavirus. She is now planning to focus on competing in the next one. In her free time she’s a freelance model, she especially loves bikini and fitness clothing shoots.
StarCentral Magazine recently caught up with Keara to discuss her journey in the modeling industry and here’s what went down:
1.How did you get into the modelling industry?
I started my modeling career in Dubai at the age of 16. I was signed up with Diva Modeling Agency.
2.What do you like most about being a model?
I’m normally a shy person but somehow I’m a totally different person in front of a camera! I feel I can just be myself.
3.Downside to being a model?
I’m a perfectionist so I’m hard on myself in that I’m striving for perfection all the time.
4.What has been the most memorable experience of being in the modelling industry so far?
My first experience was my most memorable as it stuck with me – it was after this that I knew this is exactly what I wanted to do and have never looked back
5.Who have been the most interesting people you’ve met so far?
I would say, my photographers. Each one is so different – has such different styles and techniques. They are creative people and you learn so much from them.
6.What has been the most valuable lesson you’ve learned while in the modelling \ industry. This can be about the industry or about yourself.
Don’t take things personally! You not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. Don’t let a bad experience affect you. Do YOU and do what you love.
7. Is your family supportive of you being a model?
I can’t thank my mom enough! She is involved in every aspect of my career – from taking me to shoots, to preparing me for shoots. My family is totally supportive and is behind me 100%.
8. If you could go back in a time machine to the time when you were just getting started, what would you do differently?
I wouldn’t do anything differently as I’ve learned from the negative aspects and turned them into positive aspects. It’s been a great journey so far and can’t want to see how far I can get
9. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
10. What are your future plans? Inside your career or out of it.
I’m busy training for bikini fitness competitions. I was supposed to have done my first competition in April this year but that was canceled due to COVID -19. I’m hoping to step into the stage next year.
The ‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. Last good movie I’ve seen: Blood Diamond.
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? When someone realises their self-worth – that’s when beautiful things happen.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? Skydiving
4. Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d ” Travel by myself.
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? My stubbornness- it’s what drives me.