Laura May or Laura Farran in real life is an ardent actress who believes that if you pour your spirits into your work, success will chase you. She did exactly that and now, she is StarCentral Magazine’s Featured Actress of the Month for the month of February. Laura puts tremendous work in every role that she portrays and her heart and spirit are always the vessels that gave life to the various characters that she touched.
She started her acting career by going through numerous auditions where she found a field of opportunities, which she accepted with arms wide open. With every challenge and role seeking phase that she had walked on, Laura couldn’t be more grateful for the unconditional love and support that flow from her family. This is the same reason why she stays grounded.
Laura shares that despite of the people who doubt the validity of this career, she wouldn’t change a thing about it. She loves that acting serves as an avenue for her to tell stories and to bring justice to the characters that don’t always get a chance in the big screen. If exploring various roles isn’t enough to shine beauty to her profession perhaps, the fact that it becomes a rendezvous for wonderfully talented people is a highlight that would clear those doubts. She has met Damien Ryan, Neil and Katrina Gooding, Kurt Sneddon as well as other equally interesting figures who has made her career remarkably insightful.
“The good thing about this industry is that it is constantly changing. If you’re in it for the long haul then just breathe and remember that this is your forever career” she shares. With a talent and passion like hers, the perfect role is always out there waiting for her.
Laura’s career is filled with memorable celebrations. This August, she is set to marry her fiancé whom she met while the latter was doing a show in a local community theatre. She gleefully expresses that having a family and living a full life have always been her dream. These and a full time acting career will be the biggest celebration of all and we say this without a doubt.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
- Last good movie I’ve seen. The Imitation Game. It was great! I love movies that are based on true stories. I also saw Into the Woods. Meryl Streep and Sondheim are both amazing!
- What do you consider beautiful and why? The in-between moments in life, where someone is not engaged in a conversation. You can see the thoughts and life in their eyes. It’s beauty.
- What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? To visit Audrey Hepburn’s house in Switzerland, ‘La Paisible’ (The Peaceful Place). I will do it one day.
- Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d…” be superhuman!
- What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? I think I am the clumsiest, dorkiest and most awkward person ever but I wouldn’t change it because it makes for some hilarious moments and scenarios. Sometimes I wish I could just be a swan.